Resume: Very experienced audit and internal control accountant for Chicago, Metro New York City NY, New Jersey NJ, and Connecticut CT. Curriculum vitae for senior policy and procedure manager. Job wanted as senior financial and compliance auditor with KPMG or Big 4 experience, MBA masters degree in business administration, accounting, CPA. Compliance testing job seeker experienced in contract compliance, risk analysis and assurance, internal controls, accounting.
|Waste Management, Houston TX
||2003 - 2005
Senior Corporate Auditor
Planned and led audits, performed risk analysis and assessment, directed audit team of audit steps (COSO-based), wrote audit reports including remediation plans.
- Identified clauses in municipal contracts to allow revenues to increase by 3% per contract.
- Analyzed and communicated the risk associated with running overweight trucks. If found that a truck was overweight, the company and driver could incur a moving violation in excess of $2,400/occurrence.
- Reduced risk by over $30M by identifying a temporary transfer station containing a self-combustible substance overnight in a truck barn.
- Researched and presented seminar on profitable business line at Waste Management’s Internal Audit Department annual meeting.
- Performed Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) testing for 3 departments (Management, Internal Audit and External Audit).
- Identified areas to reduce risk on inadequate cash controls and segregation of duties for landfills, transfer stations and hauling business units.
|Wards and Blackman Kallick Projectemps, Chicago, IL
||1999 - 2003
- Managed and performed Accounting Function for an Internet Company. Reconstructed accounting records and prepared audit work papers for securities trading firm.
- Conducted Travel and Entertainment Statement Audits.
|KPMG, LLP, Chicago, IL
||1998 - 1999
Led efforts to develop audit steps using KPMG’s audit methodologies. Served as an integral member of a new department that provided co-sourcing and outsourcing services for internal audit functions. Coached team members to deliver results within budget.
- Supervised, trained and mentored 7 new auditors in performing internal audits for the system-wide school audit.
- Wrote a complex audit program for the Chicago Public Schools system-wide school audit, which streamlined testing, planning and reviewing of workpapers, reducing time to complete audit by 10%.
- Conducted a focus group with 16 Principals to communicate operational and financial risks associated with operations of the Chicago Public Schools.
- Trained, supported and managed a team that recommended journal entries and procedures that increased revenue and decreased expenses by $1.5 million based on $7 million revenue in the year audited.
- Championed efforts to standardize planning and reporting procedures as well as formulated process templates to improve audit efficiencies for international offices of the global advertising firm, which reduced time to write audit reports by 20%.
- Identified and mitigated $11,000 per worker per violation risk for noncompliance of I-9 requirements that covered the 70 workers at the plant, which mitigated additional exposure of $1,100 per missing item required for compliance.
- Researched and developed a presentation on auditing outsourced operations that was offered by three senior managers at a meeting of the Institute for Internal Auditors, Chicago chapter.
Previous Positions: Senior Auditor–Sears, Dun & Bradstreet, Parsons Consulting, Swanson, Ogilvie & McKenzie, CPAs and W.W. Grainger 1987 – 1998
Education & Training
MBA – Southern Methodist University, Edwin L. Cox School for Business, Dallas, TX
SMU MBA International Exchange Program - Instituto De Estudios Superiores De Administracion; Caracas, Venezuela, business curriculum in Spanish; GPA 4.66/5.00
MAcc – Miami University, Oxford, OH
B.S. in Math, BBA in Accounting, University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK
Certified Public Accountant – Illinois
SAP (FI) Certified Consultant, SAP Partner Academy, Toronto, ON
Professional training includes courses in SAP (CO and BI by SAP), ACL, Fraud Examination, ACFE and Operational and IT Auditing by the Institute of Internal Auditors.